MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, April 13, 2015

Nebraska! And no sign of corn yet...‏

Hi you beautiful humans.

Well I finally made it! After struggling (like the struggle was beyond real) in the Mexico Airport and going through customs and immigration and all that jazz, I made it to Nebraska! Boy this place is something else. 

The first people I met were President and Sister Weston. K, so they are the kindest. Sister Weston is the happiest lady and she made me feel right at home. Gave me a nice, big mama style hug so that was great. I was also able to talk to my family a little bit, although I couldn't get many words out due to my crying hahaha pero, esta bien. It was good to hear their voices.

Anyway!

I am here! We went through orientation and had lots of meetings, it was good. We got all of the information we needed. I also met EVERYONE that I had connected with on Facebook before the mission! But it was weird because when they saw me, they were like, "Brie!!!! Ohhh wait I mean Sister Gould!" Haha so weird to hear my name, but so good to see them! 

The first few nights we stayed in a motel. There were 7 of us newbies, but I was the only one coming from the Mexico CCM. After hearing their stories, I'm beyond grateful I went to Mexico hahah I love that place, it is heaven.

So funny story. My trainer/companion is Hermana Grubbs!.... aannnddd I met her in the MTC haha so that means she has only been here for 5 weeks!!!!! It's kind of like the blind leading the blind at this point, which just means we have to work extra hard.
*
*
Sweet Hermana Grubbs. Isn't she a beauty.
Also her red hair makes me feel a little closer to family :)
*
I already love this area. There is so much work to be done! It was crazy, there were only 10 women in relief society, and there are only about 6 young women. They are strong members! I am so inspired by them! We have been told that 75% of the entire mission is in this Omaha West area alone! How crazy is that! And there are only 2 pairs of Spanish speaking missionaries in this whole area. That means there is so much to do! I know for a fact that we will never run out of doors to knock on! There are many lessons to be had.

Nebraska itself is not what I expected! I haven't seen any corn or cows yet haha but it did SNOW and there was a giant rainstorm last night! It took us an extra 20 minutes to drive home because it was so scary! They don't lie about these storms... they're awesome.

So lots of miracles happened this week. Lots.

This last Saturday, we had a ward activity with all of the primary kids. The four missionaries serving in that ward helped hide all of the Easter eggs, it was so fun! I was able to meet a lot of the ward members, which was awesome.

Anyway, after the activity, we decided to go to a park to do our studies. A few families were pulling up, and it just seemed perfect. I was too nervous to actually get up and go talk to them though! Luckily, Hermana Grubbs couldn't deny the promptings anymore, so we "stalked" (lol not really but it felt like it) a family, and just started to get to know them. One of the first things the mom asked was if we were nuns hahaha no. Not nuns. 

The mom - Hannah - told us that her family "needed Jesus." It was perfect! I instantly felt so much love for this family. They were really interested in the Book of Mormon and the difference between that book and the Bible. We explained that they complemented and completed each other, and that both were testaments of Jesus Christ. They accepted the book, and we were able to get their number to set up a return appointment! We haven't been able to get a hold of them, but we are praying tons! They have two little kids, and the dad - Omar - speaks Spanish! He was born and raised in Mexico, so it was perfect! We just need to reconnect with them! We keep praying that God will bless their family, no matter if they call us back or not. But we have faith!

Hermana Grubbs and her last companion had trouble getting a hold of some less actives, but while we were out, we were able to find them AND they were home! Little miracles like that just kept happening this weekend. We were able to set up a lot of return appointments, and everyone allowed us to leave their house with a prayer. It was really cool!

The only not-amazing thing has been how many times we have gotten lost... like way too many to count lol we have one of those huge paper maps, and neither of us really know the area! It's pretty comical, really. I'm sure y'all would laugh if you saw us pulled to the side of the road, wrestling with a giant map. So we've been praying for more guidance too :)

Overall, these last few days have been something else. I've been so fired up to just reactive this whole ward, and find as many people as possible! This spirit is strong here in Omaha, and these people are awesome. I know that God will allow the hearts of these people to be softened. I know miracles will continue to happen every day.

It's still so crazy to me that I am here, on a mission. The second day we were here in the field, we went out tracting, in the crazy cold rain! I was so happy though, despite how uncomfortable I felt haha I just knew that I was doing the right thing. I love it.

I have never felt so uncomfortable in my life. I'm probably uncomfortable a good 80% of the day, every day! But that to me just proves that I'm at least doing something right. I've been told that I should never be comfortable one day on the mission. Wellllllllll... I'm doing good so far!

All in all, things are going really well. Thank you all for your love! And a special thank you to the Van Wagenen family!!!!!!! That package was such a huge surprise, I was so giddy! Haha

Pray for these lovely people in Omaha! And remember that you are never alone. Never ever ever. You've got so many people on your side, I promise.

I love you all so much!!! I'm lucky to know you all. I thank God constantly for all of you.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould 

No comments:

Post a Comment