MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, May 11, 2015

Life these days...‏

SO! HI! Life is just so great. My heart is just full of so much joy right now. I just love being a missionary! I wouldn't trade this for anything at this point in my life. I know I am supposed to be here. I have learned so many countless lessons about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and about my purpose and about God's amazing love for everyone ever. I will never deny the reality of my Father in Heaven... I know without a doubt that He lives. I know He loves. And I know that He loves you all too. Even if you don't :)


So this last week was something else. But first off!!! I got to Skype my family!!! It was amazing, guys, because when I first saw their faces, I literally squealed and clapped my hands and exclaimed, "I LOVE YOU GUYS OH MY GOSH!" 


...I was just really excited, ok?


But for real, it was the best. I love my family! And I love that I get to be with them forever! How cool is that?


So we had interviews and a zone conference this last week! It was my first and last interview with President Weston before our new mission president comes. That man truly is inspired. We talked about the best ways I and my companion could help our ward. We talked about the importance of our baptismal covenants and being consecrated to the Lord. He also gave me permission to punch my companion in the face if she started talking about home... lol.


This whole week has just been a rollercoaster of events... from getting a door literally slammed in our face to having to walk 5 miles just to be told they weren't interested to trying to testify to someone who only wanted to Bible bash... boy oh boy it was an interesting week. But it was amazing because through out it all, I could still feel God's love, telling me that all was well, or all would be well. We only had 7 lessons this week, and we couldn't even find half of our investigators, but the 7 lessons we had were so needed and they were led by the Spirit.


Friday in particular was our best day. We started off the day with zone training, which is always so inspired. And then we went and helped a lady in our ward paint her house! We got talking about her conversions, and she told us she was preparing to enter into the temple with her husband! It was so excited to tell her how much she'd learn from the temple and how much it would bless her family. We committed her to prepare all she can to enter into the house of the Lord with her husband next month! So exciting.


Our next lesson was with Cyra and Toby, two of our investigators. Their parents ended up sitting in on the lesson... and kind of took it over haha the father sure knows how to talk! The lesson was taking so many different turns, and both I and my companion knew we had to direct the lesson back to the two teens who were so far out of the lesson. We were able to grab their attention, and ended up teaching a solid lesson to them about the importance of reading their scriptures and praying. I know that we are making progress with these two, and it's awesome!


The best part of the day though was when we went to a members house and found out she had 5 PUPPIES! Guys!!! PUPPPIEESSS! We sat on the ground and just played with them for like 30 minutes haha we were in heaven :)


But no, for real, God knows what He's doing. Even if we only had 7 lessons this week, I know that God is helping these people progress. He's there, always, and it's the best ever.


Well I love you all so much!!! Thank you for the constant support and love. You don't know how much it means to me. You all are the best.


xoxo


Hermana Brie Gould


ps yes there have been tornado warnings and yes I have been freaking out... but that's Nebraska for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment