MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, May 18, 2015

Probably the weirdest week so far..‏

I'm sure you're really excited to read my email after reading that title, huh?!

Haha well, it really was such a weird week. I haven't laughed so hard... like literal tears fell from my eyes. From watching Hermana Grubbs go into to hug our bishop without thinking to sitting in a restaurant when the power went out to witnessing people go into a full on brawl in the library... it was very interesting. BUT! So good :)

Let me tell you all about some miracles.

So as some of you may or may not know, I play the piano! I am not a concert pianist, by any means, but I can hammer out some solid hymns when I need to. Turns out, no one in our ward plays the piano, and no one in the mission plays piano... which I'm still iffy about because when have you ever been in a group of Mormons and not ONE of them could play the piano, am I right? So as I'm sure you can guess, I've been having to play the piano! A lot! At first, it was good, but it started to get more and more... scary. I was asked to play in sacrament meeting, and I remember being just terrified! I had never played the hymns before! But I got through it, and it was great. I have been asked to play at district meetings, zone training, and at a couple baptisms.

Two Sundays ago, though, I was put to the test. I was handed sheet music for a musical number only a few minutes before Church started. So with 0 practice and the help of the Lord, I was able to play this sheet music I had never seen. As I was playing, I remember thinking, "How.. am... I... doing... this..." Haha!

 I was then asked to play for our Spanish conference... I was given the sheet music a couple days before, and I about had a heart attack when I saw the music. There were 3 sharps! 4 key changes! I prayed and I prayed, and I worried and I worried, until the night before. 

As I was on my knees praying for comfort and the gift of music, I got this overwhelming feeling and impression from God. He told me that He has been preparing me. He asked me, "Have I ever left you before? All of those times you played the piano when you didn't think you could, wasn't I still there?" With tears running down my face, I knew that without a doubt, He was there. He always was, and He always will be. I got through the musical number, not perfectly by any means, but I did it, and it was because I had a renewed faith in my Father in Heaven. 

I know that there are things in this life that seem impossible... that seem just too scary, too much sometimes. But I know without a doubt that we aren't alone. There is someone who has experienced all we experience. He is there, waiting to comfort us. Never ever forget that, ok?

The second miracle that happened was with one of our investigators Cassandra. Cassandra is the most amazing little 14 year old I have ever met. She's already read the entire Book of Mormon! She has a strong and flourishing testimony of the restore gospel, of our Savior, and of the Book of Mormon. She's incredible! The only thing holding her back is her mom. Her mom wants her daughter to wait until she is 18 to be baptized. So we've been praying and praying that we could get to her mom, and help her attain a testimony like her daughters. 

Anyway, I wish this miracle was about her mom... but it's not haha but one day! 

So we wanted to take Cassandra to the Mormon Trail Center, but every time we had planned to do so, it ALWAYS fell through! Whether it be the lack of a ride or her schedule suddenly changing or our schedule suddenly changing... there was always something. Well this last week, somehow all of the pieces fell into place. We had a ride, we had a member, we had the whole night open, and we had the Mormon Trail Center ready with the movie Meet the Mormons. Even as we were driving over to the Trail Center, we couldn't believe it was actually happening! It might not even seem like a miracle, but it really, really was. As Cassandra was watching the movie, tears fell from her eyes, and she told us how badly she wanted to be a member. She bore her testimony to everyone in the room, and the strongest desire to help her whole family come unto Christ washed over both me and my companion. We have so much hope... and I know that Cassandra's faith with make miracles happen.

Well, all is well everyone. Our relationships are improving beautifully with all of the members! They are getting more and more excited about missionary work! We lost 3 of our investigators, which completely breaks our hearts, but the other 3 are progressing so well. We have a lot of potentials, and we're just so excited to hit the ground running this week.

Life is so good everyone! I love being a missionary! This is too amazing, I'm so blessed.

I love you all so much!!!!!! Keep on keepin' on :)

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment