MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, October 12, 2015

Learning to be a vessel‏

This week was another gooood oonnneee :)

Hermana Miller is a fantastic missionary - she's so diligent and so kind and so loving. So happy to be her companion! I mean for crying out loud, she got up and bore her testimony on Sunday in such great Spanish and the bishop got up right after her and just raved about how awesome she was! Love her!

So we've been studying and role playing and all sorts of good things and one day, I decided to do something new for language study. I took her to a Hispanic grocery store, handed her three pass-along-cards, gave myself three, and then said, "Alright! Let's do this!" Haha we spent about an hour in the store. Afterwards Hermana Miller said that she was terrified, but I couldn't even tell! She was a natural. Haha we practiced a little bit, and then we tried to find some people to talk to. She handed one card to a super nice lady, I was able to hand out two. The second lady I talked to was golden. I went up to her and told her that I was learning Spanish and asked her if she could help me with some of the words around the store! Oh man, she was moooooore than happy to help haha as we started talking more, she ended up telling me her life story. Funny how learning how to say "banana" in Spanish turns into a whole 30 min discussion about God and family. Super cool. It ended with her telling me that "we were both on the same path, headed towards God." I took that opportunity to bear my testimony and hand her the card. I invited her to learn more, and she accepted! After I got her address and number, she gave me a great big hug and left, smiling. It was such a cool experience! It's all about being in the right place at the right time.

SO remember Casandra? She is the cutest 14 year old girl. She's an investigator! She is so ready for baptism it's crazy. She already tells people she's Mormon! Haha she loves the Book of Mormon, she knows she's received her answer... she's just wants to be baptized, but her mom would like her to wait a few more years. While we were planning on Friday for the week, we felt prompted to set someone for baptism. Looking at our list of progressing investigators was a little discouraging, but then I felt prompted to talk about Casandra. We both felt she was ready and that if she had faith, the Lord would provide a way and that He would soften her mom's heart. We prayed, felt good about it, and then headed to teach her. The lesson was completely led by the Spirit. We talked about miracles and faith and acting on that faith. We talked about our Savior and about the miracle of the Atonement. The Spirit was so strong, we didn't even hesitate to ask if she would set a goal to be baptized by the end of the year. She said she would! She picked the date - November 28th. We are so excited! We have so much faith, and the faith of this amazing girl can and will work miracles.

This last Saturday was a bit of a bummer - we had no set appointments and no one was home when we went out. Lame! There was a scripture that kept coming to my head, but I was like, "Ok yes, I know I need to share this, but with who??" Haha it was about 7:30pm, and we headed back closer to where we lived to try and visit some members. No one was home, of course haha, but as we were sitting outside of the Rey's house, a family in our ward, trying to figure out what to do, they pulled up! We waited a couple extra minutes, figured out exactly what we were going to share, said a prayer of gratitude, and then headed up. As we shared some scriptures in Alma 5, the conversation turned to fasting. On Sunday, we had our fast and testimony meeting, so I felt prompted to remind Hermana Rey about the blessings that come from fasting. She instantly looked up and said, "Ah! I forgot!" Haha we talked all about fasting and fasting with a purpose and praying as we fast - the Spirit was so strong. Hermana Rey thanked us over and over again for reminding her. She assured us that we would see her at church the next day! 

Fast forward to Sunday, Hermana Rey was there! She was one of the first to get up and bear her testimony. She started telling the congregation about the experience we had shared with her the night before and how she absolutely needed to be reminded of the importance of fasting. She said that I had been her angel, sent to remind her of God's love for her. It was so kind, my heart was just happy, but I know that it was just me and Hermana Miller following the Spirit - being vessels in which the Lord can help His children. It wasn't us - it was the Lord. We were just where we needed to be in order to best help our Heavenly Father :)

Over all - LIFE IS GREAT. I love seeing God work so many miracles. That might be the theme of my mission so far... just absolute amazement at God's miracles.

I love you all!

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment