MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, October 5, 2015

Transfers...‏

I got transferred... NO WHERE LOL. I'm still here in Omaha! Crazy right? Yes - crazy. But even MORE crazy is that I'm training!!!! Thursday morning President called us real early, like 6:34am (good thing we were awake lol), and asked to talk to Sister Bacy. He told Sister Bacy that she had a new assignment. She would be heading back to Sioux City, Iowa - her baby area - where she would be in a trio with Sister Grubbs (my momma!) and Sister Castagnola (who Sister Bacy trained!). It was a complete shock, Sister Bacy was actually without words. And then she handed the phone to me and President said, "Sister Gould, we'd like ya to train a new missionary in Omaha." And I was like, "OOOH YAAAA!" Like super loud haha I was so excited! I get to stay! The Lord obviously just wants it to be very hard for me to leave this place... lol I'm so grateful though. I'll at least be here until we're done training - another 2 transfers - which means I'll be here for Christmas!

So my companion is Sister Miller! She is from Bakersfield, CA, and she's a gem. Get this - we have the same name, but I go by Brie and she goes by Anna. COINCIDENCE? I THINK NOT. #compunity She is so ready to go and work and be diligent. She told me from the beginning that she just wants to be obedient, so she's always asking me questions about rules and everything. She's amazing! I got so luck to have her as my companion, she's already such a good missionary. I'm so grateful for this opportunity to train. I love her already!!!

Gonna be completely honest, this week was a little bit of a flop when it came to lessons. It was so crazy with transfers, we were flying all over the place - trying to pack and whatnot. But Jose is still doing so great! He's the best ever! This week we're just gonna hit the ground running. I'm excited to start teaching more and finding more people and just working. The key to success in missionary life is work! 

I'm so grateful for General Conference, wasn't that amazing? Every single one of my questions were answered, I was so blown away. I loved how focused it was on doing what we know we need to do. One of my favorite quotes was this...

We can choose to see commandments as limitations. We may feel at times that God’s laws restrict our personal freedom, take from us our agency, and limit our growth. But as we seek for greater understanding, as we allow our Father to teach us, we will begin to see that His laws are a manifestation of His love for us and obedience to His laws is an expression of our love for Him.

Obedience brings blessings. Exact obedience brings miracles. I fully stand by and support this. The commandments God gives us are meant to help us and allow us room to grow here in this life. They aren't restrictions! There is safety in following the Lord. Why would there not be? He knows where to guide us. Trust Him, trust Him commandments, trust in His love.

I'll end with a little quote from my mom's email this week... it's perfect. 

I heard this little ditty this past weekend and I love it... "FAITH it till you make it!" Have faith in good things, in miracles big and small - go to work and do what needs to be done.

Just go to work!

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment