MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, January 18, 2016

Road Trips‏

So you may or may not know this about me, but I love a good road trip. And this week, we went on a couple three. We had a lot of potential investigators and formers, as well as some less-actives that we wanted to go visit, so we traveled to the distant lands of Orange City and Le Mars. Turns out, Orange City was founded by Dutch humans so the whole city is like stepping into Holland - it's adorable. And then Le Mars is the ICE CREAM CAPITAL so obviously I enjoyed my time there.

But driving through good ol' Iowa was beautiful. I had so much time to think and reflect on the last year of my life. This life is something amazing, gosh I just love it.

This week was just filled with ups and downs and backs and forths and everything! We actually had a baptism planned on Saturday and then he backed out. It was super disappointing, but I felt at peace about it. I knew it would all be okay.

We saw some incredible miracles though - we met with investigators we hadn't seen in forever and got in with several less-actives. One in particular was Rosa, who has been meeting with the sisters for a few months. She had been reading from the Book of Mormon while she was in Mexico for the holidays but accidentally left it there! So she asked us for another one as well as asked us when church was so she could come. Like tiny miracles, right? But so significant. I can't tell you how many times I have tried getting someone to read the Book of Mormon and come to church so they can know for THEMSELVES the truthfulness of our message. It's amazing when someone actually does it... lol

Life is just going great. There are only 2 weeks left in the transfer! I'm almost at my year mark! What is happening! Time needs to slow down...

Can I just tell you? God is so good. Like seriously, so good. As I have experienced so many different things, met so many different people, I am so aware of how deeply He is involved in the details of our lives. He knows us, and more so, He loves us. Despite our mistakes, despite our errors, despite our limited understanding. He loves us - perfectly and wholly, and it's amazing.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

ps I just found out that one of the families I taught in Omaha is getting sealed in the temple IN APRIL! AHH! Crying tears!

No comments:

Post a Comment