MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, January 4, 2016

Whole Again

What an incredible life. I am constantly overwhelmed by the goodness of God. Never have I been apart of so many miracles... I never want this to end!

This week we ended on a high note - 5 new investigators and 7 baptismal sets - which is A WHOLE LOT for us.

We met a family - Jose and Julia. They are a great family of 5. The sisters had a lesson with them before I first got here, but there wasn't too much progression with them. They were actually thinking of dropping them. When I first got here, we taught them a lesson all about the Book of Mormon, and I left that lesson feeling edified and uplifted. It was an amazing lesson - they were so receptive and just kept wanting to learn more.

We went back a week later, finding that they had kept the commitments that we had given them and were wanting to learn more. As we talked about baptism, Jose told us that he wanted to be baptized, and he wanted to be baptized as a family. He wanted to come to church, to keep studying, and keep learning. He knew he needed to repent before he could be baptized. It was amazing to sit there and hear all that he had to say. The spirit was so strong. We left their little trailer on cloud 9. 

The following Friday, we had invited them to a scripture study class we were having at the church. While we were weekly planning, we were all worrying about whether or not they would come. Sad to say, but we were pretty doubtful. We then got a call from Jose, which dropped as I said hello. He then sent a text a couple minutes later saying, "Ya llegue pero nadie esta aqui." I'm here buy nobody else is. I ABOUT LOST IT. We were scrambling around the whole house, grabbing our jackets and our pulling on our boots! We rushed to the church where we met Jose and his whole family, including his aunt! We played basketball for awhile as we waited for more people to show up... and nobody did :( BUT BUT BUT God is still good and compensated for the lack of people. Turned out, the bishop from another ward was there with his family, cleaning the church, and he spoke Spanish! We took the family on a church tour and then ended with a scripture class.

At the end of the night, I was exhausted. We didn't have the class planned, but Sister Castagnola and I got up and taught about Christ's church, the power of the Priesthood, and the apostasy. It was an amazing feeling, standing at the front of the class, feeling the gift of tongues work through me. We had studied the topics earlier that week so we weren't as unprepared as we thought.

Something that I've been thinking a lot about is how Christ heals us. He makes us whole. I know that I am weak, that I am so imperfect, that I make mistakes every single day. But as I kneel down and pray to have the Atonement work and fix the mistakes so that others will be blessed despite my imperfections, I can feel Christ. I can sense His love working through me. 

He makes us whole, again and again and again. Why? Because He loves us. Because He cares for us. Because we are His family.

This isn't some scam that we are going door to door trying to sell. We aren't trying to convince you of something, trying to baptize you to up our numbers. Heck no, that's not what this is about.

This is about Him. This about being eternally happy. This is about being whole.

This is about change for the better.

If you don't believe me... welp.. you better cuz it's true.

GOD LOVES YOU SO MUCH.

So do I :)

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment