MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Revelation‏

So last week, we were told that our mission president had received revelation that every mission companionship could have one baptism in the month of September. We both scratched our heads, thinking who was possible prepared to be baptized so soon. The only two progressing investigators we had were set for October! So of course, we went to our Father. We prayed fervently and often that we would find more people to teach, those who were being prepared, and those whose hearts would be open to our message. We prayed and asked that our area would be blessed. We fasted and really worked to try and find people.

We ended up getting 4 new investigators, with 2 more referrals, and several other potential investigators who are now interested again.

Have miracles ceased? Nay.

Last week, we went to go visit a family in our ward who we hadn't seen at church for sometime. We ended up meeting one of their really good friends, Justo. He was very much surprised that I could Spanish (literally no one believes me that I can speak Spanish. They usually ask me about 3 or 4 times.. "Wait, really? So you like, speak Spanish.." Yes, dangit. Gift of tongues, everyone.) So anyway, Justo was getting up to leave when he just stopped and asked us what our religion was all about. That opened the door to about an hour long discussion about our beliefs and some of our teachings. It was so cool to hear the members sharing their testimony. It was very much guided by the spirit, and we were able to set up another time when we could come visit! He wanted a Book of Mormon right there and the address to the church! So neat. And so very obvious that he was prepared by God.

So another new investigator was Jose. Karen and Jose have been in our records a couple times, but I had never met them. All I knew was that Karen spoke ONLY English and that Jose spoke ONLY Spanish, but that they had been married for 15 years. I wanted to know their secret, I mean come on! That's some strong love right there! Haha so this last Saturday, Sister Bacy and I split up for a couple hours. I was able to go to the temple, and she went with some other sister missionaries. They ended up visiting Karen and Jose! Coincidence? I think not! We were able to visit them again yesterday, and we talked to Jose! He is one of the cutest little old men, he's 60 years old with this huge glasses and big ears, oh my gosh, adorable. We talked for almost 2 hours, about so many different things. It was really cool to be able to see him open up. He was so grateful that he had people to talk to in Spanish! He told us how much he loved his wife, and when we told him about the temple and about eternal families, his eyes just lit up! It was adorable! He asked us to come back as soon as possible! Haha he's so excited to come to church and keep learning. We left their house just feeling so happy.

I think I can finally say I'm adjusted to being a missionary. This is my life now! Putting on the tag every morning is apart of me. I love being able to feast upon the words of Christ every day, and then go out and share what I knew and cherish. It's such a blessing, and I'm realizing that more and more every day. It's an incredible work and to be just a tiny part of it is a privilege and an honor.

We have so much faith that we can find someone to be baptized this month! Of course we can, anything is possible with the Lord.

I love you all!!

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment