MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, March 21, 2016

Oh how lovely was the morning‏

Ok ok ok what if I serve a mission forever?.... I love my mission so much! I am so overwhelmed by my mission - I have loved every day so far and it is a huge blessing that I am still here, serving these amazing people. So many miracles happened this week, and I'm just so filled with love. I don't want this to ever end!

Let me tell you about two huge miracles this week.

Rebecca - SO a few months ago, like back in early January, we got a referral from the Church headquarters, which is HUGE. It was the first one I have gotten my whole mission! So obviously I was pumped. We got her phone number and address and went to go contact her that day. Well, she wasn't home. So we tried calling, stopping by, etc. but we could never get a hold of her. We met her neighbor - super cute young mom - and even started teaching her neighbor across the street. I just came to the conclusion that it was one of those moments where the referral actually led us to the people around it! So on exchanges last week, Sister Castagnola and Sister Reynolds decided to go try Rebecca one last time. As they were walking up to the door, actually, Sister Castagnola was like, "Yeah, we've tried this lady... she never answers..." Annnddddd tttheennnnnn! *drum roll* SHE ANSWERS.

Haha

So turns out, she was visiting Utah with her boyfriend during Christmas and she referred herself! She took a tour of the visitors center and got two copies of the Book of Mormon, one in english and one in spanish. So sweet. By the end of the lesson, she had accepted a baptismal date for April 9th! She also has a daughter, Blanca, who is 9 years old! We're gonna baptize them both!

Such a huge, huge miracle. I couldn't even believe it. I still can't! But I have so much faith right now, we are praying for these two in practically every single prayer. It's my first baptismal set in like 2 months. So amazing

Danida - So last week, we decided to do some tracting in a familiar neighborhood. We knocked a door where a potential investigator lived, Danida. She had never let us in, but she was always so friendly. SO we decided to try one last time. Well, she let us in! As we stood in her living room, we started to testify of the gospel of Jesus Christ, which opened up conversation with her about her beliefs. She told us that when she was younger, her grandma used to sit her and all of her cousins down and tell them about Jesus visiting the people in the central americas. 

I was like, "Wait.. hold up. Are you serious?"

Hahah ok not really, but I thought it in my head.

Yeah! She has known her whooollleee life that Christ appeared to the people in the Americas! How perfect is that! So we instantly testified of the Book of Mormon and told her that her grandmother was right! It was so cool to see her face. She was so excited.

We have a church tour with her tonight! I am so pumped!

God is preparing people alllllllll the time. I love it. I love this message, the message of the Restoration. We shared it last night with a family after dinner, and I couldn't hold back the tears as I quoted word-for-word the First Vision.

I saw a pillar of light exactly over my head, above the brightness of the sun, which descended gradually until it fell upon me.  When the light rested upon me I saw two Personages, whose brightness and glory defy all description, standing above me in the air. One of them spake unto me, calling me by name and said, pointing to the other—“This is My Beloved Son. Hear Him!”

Amazing.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

typical happenings of a missionary in the NOM

No comments:

Post a Comment