MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, August 10, 2015

Despite the struggle

To be completely honest, this week was really slow. I mean... realllllyyyy slow... which I should've anticipated after the amazing week we had last week :) 

Everyone is about the same: Esmeralda and Jose are still doing great and progressing (yay!!!!), Isela is still set for baptism in September (yay!!!), and our investigators who weren't progressing are still not progressing (not yay). 

We actually had a surprising amount of returning members at church yesterday though, how awesome is that! I love seeing people come back, it's the best. 

We also got a new investigator, her name is Rosa! The elders found her, and she's golden! We taught her the restoration, and she's really excited about baptism and coming to church. She has a little 1 month old - super adorable. Her mother-in-law is interested in learning more about the gospel too, which is sweet! We're excited to see where this goes! 

I love teaching people who are just so open to the gospel. Their hearts are prepared and ready! It's so obvious who has been prepared by God - I love it.

This week we also went to the Mormon Trail Center with the Garcia family and an investigator, Cassandra. We got a tour of the cemetary and the temple grounds, and I can't even explain the feeling I get every time I'm on temple ground. Just looking up and seeing the words, "Holiness to the Lord, House of the Lord," gives me chills. I'm reminded of the amazing truth - our families have the ability to be together FOR EVER. Not just until death, but after that too. So grateful for that testimony I have and the opportunity I have to share it every day. After the tours, we headed inside to watch "17 Miracles." If you haven't watched it, just go watch it. It's on Netflix. Grab some popcorn, a nice comfy chair, and some tissues cuz it's just that good.

I'm sorry I don't have any amazing or miraculous stories to tell you this week! But I do have a spiritual thought... like always.. :)

"On a mission, the sorrows will outnumber the joys, but the joys will outweigh the sorrows." Brother Salway. My favorite. 

Despite the amount of trials or heartache we feel, there's always going to be a great sense of love and peace from our Father in Heaven. He loves us - completely and perfectly. His love with transcend any other pain we will ever feel. Trust in that.

I love you all so much!

BE GOOD THIS WEEK.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment