MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, August 31, 2015

My heart is happy‏

Hellooooooo EVERYOONNEEE!

Can time slow down please? I've been a missionary for 6 months! I may have a whole year left but I'm beginning to realize just how fast time flies on a mission... not okay..

So WHAT AN AWESOME WEEK.

Let me tell ya all about it.

This last Thursday, we decided that we wanted to go to the Mormon Trail Center with Esmerelda and Jose... the following day. Haha. We probably should've planned it out better, but we had a lot of faith that it would pull through. It would just be so amazing for them to see the temple in person AND watch the movie, "Meet the Mormons." So we called a lady in our ward to see if she could give them a ride, and then we just prayed and kept working. The following day, as we were weekly planning, we were going crazy, calling Esmerelda, talking to Jose, trying to find them a ride, figuring out times... serves us right for trying to plan the day of, though haha. When we finally had everything all worked out and situated, we called Esmerelda one last time. Sister Bacy was on the phone with her, and my heart just dropped when Sister Bacy's smile turned into a frown. I was like, "Are you kidding me!?" Haha apparently Esmerelda was too tired, and she just didn't want to go. When she hung up the phone, I just said, "Alright, time to pray." We knelt down and prayed that some way Esmerelda would change her mind. This was important! After we prayed, Sister Bacy turned to me and said, "I think you should talk to her." My first thought? Why would I be any different? But then I decided it was worth a shot. Esmerelda answered the phone, and I said, "Hola! Soy Hermana Gould..." and instantly Esmerelda responded, "Si ok ok podemos ir. Si ya vamos." Hahah she changed her mind! I started laughing, Sister Bacy was in shock, and Esmerelda was just confused because I suddenly forgot how to speak Spanish because I was laughing so hard. Miracles happen, and sometimes they happen in the weirdest of ways.

So! We went to the Trail Center :) It was such a beautiful experience for everyone involved. We saw the temple, we talked about the pioneers, and we watched the movie. They both cried multiple times, and they kept talking about how good they felt. It was really cool to see how happy they were. After the movie, Jose put his hand to his throat and said he was, "Sin palabras" or he was without words. I think we all were. They were laughing and hugging each other and taking pictures. Not an inkling of stress or exhaustion was felt. It was just a good night. The elders ended up joining us with some of their investigators too! So great. 

I am so certain that one of the reasons I was sent to Omaha was to find Esmerelda and Jose. They have both changed my life. One night, when they were asking about exchanges and why missionaries had to leave, we explained that it was all up to the Lord wherever we go. With tears in their eyes, they told me that they would always be my second family. It has been an absolute honor teaching them and seeing them grow and change the last couple months. And in just a few weeks they will be married and baptized! They will be so much closer to Heavenly Father! Ah! My heart if just full.

Friday night and Saturday, we had exchanges, and I was with the amazing Sister Manning! We helped set up (& participate in..) a fiesta for our ward and then we went and visited some people in our ward! We were able to visit one of my favorite families, the Bernals. I hadn't seen them since I was with Sister Grubbs - so long! We were sitting at the table, and I was anxiously awaiting for all of the kids to come upstairs. I will never forget that moment when they all ran in, and came and attacked me with their huge hugs, yelling, "Hermana Gould!!! Where have you been!!!!" It was the most precious thing. I love them!

Guys, I just love Omaha. I love these people. Being able to serve with them and be around them has changed my life. I am so much more humbled by these people. And I am grateful beyond compare that I am able to speak their language. It's such a blessing, and I realize that more and more every day.

Gosh life is good. My heart is happy, and my heart is full.

I love you all so much.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment