MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, August 17, 2015

Spreadin' the love

HELLO EVERYBODY.

SO this was a good week - I learned a lot, I grew a lot, I laughed a lot, I cried a lot. Lol. Typical week in the mission field.

This week was pretty slow again, but we did have Spanish Conference! Being able to see all of the Spanish missionaries again was so good - I got to see Sister Grubbs, my mama! Haha we were matching - NOT planned but also not surprising. It was so funny. The whole conference itself was so uplifting and inspiring, like usual. Being a Spanish missionary here is pretty special, we have our own little family :) I still have a long way to go with my Spanish, but I am so grateful for what I have learned so far. I've come a long way! I still remember my very first lesson in Spanish in the CCM... oh boy, that was a doosy. These people here, though, are just so amazing. I love them so much! I can't imagine leaving Omaha... so I hope I'm here a little longer. I have grown to absolutely adore these people. I'm grateful that I can somewhat communicate with them and speak the language of their hearts. It's really so special. 

This week we were able to find a new investigator!... who is moving haha her name is Rachel. She is 19 years old and she's heading off to college in a couple weeks. She instantly let us in though, and we started talking all about her life, her beliefs, her family, her dreams. I was honestly so impressed, as she opened up and told us about her past. It was so clear to me how far she has come. She has such a strong foundation built on Christ already - her love is so evident. Her love for her family is also incredible! We asked her why family is important, and she spent a good 10 or so minutes talking about her family. She finished by saying, "Well I guess to me, family is important because it's home." It was so simple and yet so significant, I actually teared up. I thought of my family back home, my future family, and all of the families I have grown to love these last 5 months. Of course God put us in our families... it's because we can find the most enduring joy within them.

Omaha is doing so great. Our ward is just on fire. They are taking care of things and getting stuff done. They are planning Esmerelda's wedding, they have started getting people prepared for the temple, they are helping out a ton with the missionary work. It's amazing! Prayers are being answered. 

Overall... life is good. God is good. Every day I'm out here, I'm learning how I can be more like my Savior, Jesus Christ. As I invite others to come unto him, I can feel myself getting closer. I never thought that by merely teaching and talking about the Savior would make me feel so closer to him.

I feel my Savior's love in all the world around me.

What greater thing is there in this life than love?

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment