MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, August 24, 2015

Miracles, every day.

So I'm panicking a little because I just realized I don't have my planner with me which means this email might be all of the place... 

Anyway...

HI MY DEAR LOVED ONES.

This week was yet another amazing week of learning and growing. We only had about 7 lessons (crying), but we have so much faith that this next week will be 10x better and that we'll have 70 LESSONS! Hahah just kidding, that would be crazy, but we do have faith that this week will be better :)

Tuesday was one of the best days. And Saturday. And Sunday. And probably the rest of the week, but let's focus on just a few experiences.

Tuesday we both felt prompted to go visit the Ortega family. I was a little hesitant only because I thought they'd all be at work, but we followed through with that prompting and sure enough, Hermana Ortega was home. She let us in, hesitantly at first, because she was in her "cleaning clothes" and was embarrassed haha but we assured her we didn't mind! Come to find out, she had been cleaning the house all day and was in need of some help! So in our skirts and everything, we started helping her scrub the floors, do the laundry, clean the windows, move the furniture, and sweep all of the rooms. The whole time we were working, we were talking to Hermana Ortega all about her family and her work and the ward. She gave us ideas about finding investigators, and she told us that she would love to help us do the work. We also laughed a ton - she told us some Mexican jokes that I CAN ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND. Miracles, everyone. Every day. It was just such a good experience. It was so simple - we weren't doing anything too crazy at all. But I'm so glad that we followed that prompting to go visit her. She kept thanking us over and over and we just kept thanking her for allowing us to spend time with her! I've never loved service so much in my life. I felt so good leaving that house - the Spirit was there, I know it. We could all feel it. That feeling is something I will always cherish.

On Saturday, we were asked to help with New Beginnings for the Young Women. I was asked to play the piano! It was so fun to see all of the Young Women - they are all so beautiful! Throughout the week, though, we had been praying for new investigators. We had asked the Lord to bless our area that we would be able to find those who were prepared. After the activity, as we were all mingling and talking, we were introduced to this 14 year old girl. Turns out, she is super interested in wanting to know more about the church. She had come to the activity with her aunt, and she said she felt really good during it. She told us about the struggles she was dealing with at home and just in her life in general and the spirit testified to me again that the gospel of Jesus Christ can help anyone with anything. Neither of us held back our testimony as we told Korina how we knew our message would bless her life. It was cool to see Korina light up - we'll be meeting with her again this week! We also found ANOTHER investigator, a referral, and a potential one all in the same night! God heard our prayers and blessed us more than we could've imagined!

These weekly emails are becoming harder and harder to write haha there are so many experiences that happen every day! It's impossible to share all of them! But this I know... the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is the true kingdom of God. I have never felt so much love and peace before. I have never felt so much strength through my hardest times. I have never been so motivated to talk to everyone about the gospel of Jesus Christ. I have seen Heavenly Father work miracles not only in myself but in every single person we teach. I love it.

I love you all! Thank you for all that you do!

:)

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment