MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, February 29, 2016

In the blink of an eye‏

So.. 4 days ago I hit my year mark. Which means I only have 6 months left. Which is CRAAZZY!

I can't even believe how much I have changed and experienced this last year. This time a year ago, I was in the MTC in Mexico, scared out of my mind and so stressed out. Luckily that feeling didn't last too long! The time spent in the CCM will always be remembered and cherished, I hold that time so special. I was stretched, and because of that, I grew. I made life long friends and learned a new language. I learned how to be a missionary! Heaven on earth.

And then I came to Nebraska. Man, was that crazy. I thought I knew how to be a missionary until I started to teach and plan and everything! It was so much more than I thought - but it was so good. As I served in Omaha, I met hundreds of people, each of them changing my life. I laughed, I cried, I laughed some more. I did a lot of learning and growing and humbling. It was in Omaha that I truly learned who I was. I am more than just what you can see - I realize now that I have such a deep and abiding connection to my Heavenly Father and that He has given me gifts and talents to help not only me but everyone I meet.

Now in Sioux City, I am becoming the missionary God needs me to be - for right now and for forever.

I served with many different companions, learning from each. From my mama, Hermana Grubbs, I learned that life is meant to be enjoyed. From Hermana Bacy I learned the reality of the Atonement. From my sweet hija, Hermana Miller, I learned that obedience is the only way to happiness. From Hermana Castagnola, I have learned that God's love is real and never-ending. I have learned a great deal of patience from training a new missionary, and I have learned the importance of confidence by serving as an STL. 

I am a different person. Completely. My understanding of the gospel has deepened and my appreciation for my Savior has grown. 

Never will I be the same again. Never again will I be the person I was before my mission - not when I know how much more potential I have.

I love this work. I love my Heavenly Father. I love the Book of Mormon. I am so grateful that I was born into the true church, the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. So so grateful.

I love you all so much.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

pictures: Spanish conf! & Happy 1 year :)

No comments:

Post a Comment