MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Ah, tis that time of the week again‏

HOLLLAA!

Hi. How are you all? Good? Yay!


I cant believe its already Pday... again... time is just flying by here at the CCM. Like Ill be back in the states in like a week and a half! I just cant beleive how quickly time is flying by. Ahhh.


So this week was AMAZING. I seriously learn so much every single day here. The spirit is so strong, and there is always room for improvement. Haha ALWAYS room, ya hear?


HIGHLIGHTS:


- TRC. So TRC is once a week and its when we teach real LIFE PEOPLE. Like from the ciudad de Mexico. Sometimes they are members, sometimes they are investigators. Its honestly so much fun. We just sit and talk and get to know some really sweet people, and then share a message with them. Last week we taught a man named Jaime, and HE WAS THE BEST. He was so kind and he bore such a strong testimony about prayer. When we were walking into TRC last night, I said to my companion,"I hope Jaime is here again!" And sure enough, when we knocked on the door, he was there! He was just as excited to see us! It was a tender mercy for sure. The second lesson we taught in TRC was to a man named Carlos. He told us about his family and his three daughters whom he loved so much. It was adorable. As we got started with our lesson, I had this impression to take the lesson a different direction. So without consulting my companion first, I just asked Carlos to share an experience he had with prayer. It was amazing because he instantly opened up and as he shared his story, the room was filled with the spirit. After his story, I thanked him and turned to Hermana Hudson. I could see tears coming to her eyes, and she began to share a story similar to the story Carlos shared. I could tell that her testimony really had an affect on Carlos. It was amazing! After the lesson, we hugged and agreed that the spirit was definitely the teacher during that lesson.


- Karen. This week we taught Karen again! This experience mightve been one of the strongest times I have felt the spirit during a lesson. We tailored the lesson according to her needs, and as we asked inspired questions, she started to open up. She said she didnt feel good enough, and that she wasnt sure if she was worth enough to go to church and be baptized. It hit me hard because I can definitely relate... cant we all? There are so many times in life when its so easy to not feel good enough. But I bore my testimony to Karen and just told her that God doesnt expect us to be perfect right now. We all have problems, and we all make mistakes... but that doesnt mean we need to give up on ourselves. We have to believe in ourselves and allow God to work miracles in us. I also related the church to being like a hospital. We go there to be rejuvinated and to be made clean. We go there to acquire more strength and more love from others and God. We go there to strengthen our testimonies and learn more about the gospel of Jesus Christ. Church isnt a place for perfect people... its a place where broken people can come and be made whole again.


- We also taught a guy named Chris. Chris was hurting... he had just lost his wife and three children in a car accident. My heart literally ached for me. I could not imagine losing my family. We all cried together as my companion and I shared our testimonies about the life and purpose of Jesus Christ our Savior. I told him that he needed to turn his life over to God because He will change his heart. This life is not easy, and there is someobdy who udnerstands. The spirit was so strong during that lesson. 


THIS GOSPEL IS AMAZING EVERYONE OKAY?


This week was just so good! It was crazy... like one of my roommates started barfing in the middle of the night and it lasted for hours! Everyone was running around, trying to help, and I pretty much just sat there because I was dead tired. But shes good now lol


I have one quote for all of you that HIT ME LIKE A BOMB IT WAS RIDICULOUS.


This is from the talk... The Fourth Missionary. FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING GOOD IN THIS LIFE GO READ IT.


¨In the end, your heart and your will is all that you have to give that the Lord does not already have. If you give your time, two years (18 months), and your strength, you give only that which He grants to you with each beat of your heart and each breath that you draw. If you dedicate your gifts and talents, you only return to Him what He already has given to you. If you pay tithing, you only return a tenth of what he has already given to you. Everything that you have to give to the Lord has its origin in Him, except one thing... your will. He does not have your heart nor your mind unless you give them to Him. It is the only gift you have to offer that He does not already have. And so when you give yourself, you truly give everything to Him.¨


I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH.


This week I challenge each of you to try and just lose yourself in service or in the scriptures or in prayer. I promise that as you allow God to change your heart, MIRACLES or milagros will happen. I promise. I have seen it in my own life, its amazing. You just have to keep workin! Never stop! Remember... life unattended gets nothing done!


BE GOOD EVERYONE!


xoxo


Hermana Brie Gould

No comments:

Post a Comment