MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, May 23, 2016

Broken back won't get me down‏

So you are probably sick of me saying this, but... THIS WEEK WAS SO AMAZING. WE SAW SO MANY MIRACLES.

Maybe it's just because I'm a missionary, but I am able to recognize now just how many miracles happen every day. It's seriously incredible.

Quick side-note though. Sister Gould was out of commission this week for about a day and a half. We had zone Olympics on Thursday, and of courrrseee I participated! I won the basketball competition actually, believe it or not. But with all the strain to my already-weak back, I woke up Friday not being able to walk at all. With several hours of no-movement and ice packs on my back and thighs, I was able to walk a little bit so we could make it to our branch Family Home Evening on Friday night. I was able to hobble around on Saturday as well, with the help of a priesthood blessing from the elders. Yesterday, I visited a brother in our stake who's a chiropractor, so he was able to bring some relief. But YEAH. So that's my life right now!

BUT HEY, BESIDES ALL THAT, God is so good and we had some of the coolest miracles ever this week.

We got to go on exchanges with the Omaha sisters this week! When I was serving there, we had an investigator who just wasn't progressing atttt aaallllll. She had so much potential, and so it was frustrating that she wasn't progressing! Her name is Eduimar :) So yeah, every time we tried to visit her, she just looked so sick and so tired and just so sad. When I first met her, I remember her telling us that she wanted to be a mom so bad. She wanted a family, but doctors had told her that she just couldn't have children. This caused a lot of distress in her life. She dealt with depression because of it. She loved the gospel of Jesus Christ, though, especially the power found within the temples. But she just never could progress. It was so hard.

So fast forward. In Omaha, I got this feeling that we should go visit Eduimar. I didn't know why, and I honestly doubted she wouldn't let us in. Wellll heeeyyy I was wrong!

She let us in AND SHE LOOKED SO HAPPY. I was like, "Hermana, what happened! How are you!" And she grabbed my arm and with tears in her eyes, she said, "Hermana! I had a baby!"

I swear time stopped for like 5.6 minutes.

I just stared at her and with tears of my own, I asked,"Hermana, are you kidding me?" No she wasn't joking! God had blessed her with a beautiful baby boy! She didn't even know she was pregnant until after I got transferred so all those times she was too sick and sad to let us in was because she was pregnant!

Oh my gosh, I about passed out.

She told us that she was ready to start again and to come to church and to unite her family forever in the temple.

GUYS, DON'T TELL ME GOD ISN'T REAL BECAUSE I WON'T BELIEVE YOU.

He is so aware of all of us. EVERY single one of His children! He knows our needs and He knows our wants and our desires. He will bless those who are faithful and who ENDURE. My goodness, such a special moment for me and her. I am so grateful I was on exchanges and had that prompting to go visit her.

The second miracle was with Jacqueline and Roberto. To keep this story short, we ended up going to breakfast with one of our investigators after a doctor's appointment that I translated for. As we were walking out, we saw Roberto and his wife! 

Background story: our branch president is so faithful - he is the ONLY active member in his entire family. Recently one of his sons has come back really strong, but the rest? Nope. Including his wife. It's so hard for him, yet he magnifies his calling without complaints. My dream is to bring back all of his family!!! Or at least start the process :) So his oldest son, Roberto, moved here from Chicago with his wife, Jackie. President Lagunas asked the missionaries to focus on him, so we honestly had to fight with the elders to choose who got to teach them. 

Well when we saw them walk in, we figured... WE WON.

So we set up and appointment for the next day and taught them the message of the Restoration. The Spirit was so strong - it was one of the most powerful lessons I have ever been in. Both are so ready - he's ready to come back to church and she is ready to be baptized. Both mentioned that they have been feeling a strong need to read the Book of Mormon and come to church. They want to unite their family and be strong members of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. They want to change. We testified powerfully and lovingly that nobody is too far gone and that God is no respecter of persons. We met with them again later on in the week, both of them having read the Book of Mormon in between the lessons, being so prepared to learn and to change. And yesterday, they both came to church. WHICH APPARENTLY WAS HUGE.

I just have zero words. 

I will never not believe in God, you wanna know why? Because things like THIS ^ happen EVERY SINGLE DAY. Yeah, this life is hard. Sure, it's unfair sometimes. But more than anything, God is real, and He loves us so much. So so much.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

pictures: That one time we posed for a magazine.. lol, exchanges with my bffs, & zone Olympics!

No comments:

Post a Comment