MAILING ADDRESS

Sister Brieanna MacCall Gould
Nebraska Omaha MIssion
11027 Martha St
Omaha, NE 68144-3107
United States

Monday, May 16, 2016

You are enough‏

So lemme just say that I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY LIKE A WHOLE LOT.

I just have a couple of cool experiences to share with you all, enjoy.

A week ago today, last P-day, we were in Walmart buying our groceries. We got in line to pay, and I purposefully chose the line with a mom and her daughter who looked Hispanic... work don't stop on P-days everyone. 

This little girl though hahah she just stared at us with the evil death glare and started pushing our cart away while saying, "No.. no....!" Hahah it was hilarious. She kept doing that "I'm watching you" sign with her hands at us! We started giving it back to her and eventually we were just laughing. The mom noticed what was going on so we started talking to her! They just recently moved here from Kentucky and she told us she'd love for us to come visit! PERFECT.

So fast forward 2 days. Nightly planning for Wednesday. We decided to go to some contacting in Walmart and try and find some new people to teach! We also planned a couple former investigators and less actives later that night in the same part of town.

Wednesday afternoon, we walked into Walmart, looking for pretty much anyone who spoke Spanish haha well the first lady I saw was walking with her son, so I turned to Hermana Villarreal, "Let's go talk to her!"

We started up a conversation and when she told us her name, I was like, "...HOLD UP."

THIS LADY WAS A FORMER INVESTIGATOR WE WERE PLANNING ON VISITING THAT SAME DAY. I had never met her before in my life, I had just read her name on a teaching record. And she was the first person we talked to!!!!!

Planning, everyone. Miracles.

Stuff like that happens all the time, like just 2 hours ago we were at the doctor's, translating for our investigator, and we ran into another former investigator who we hadn't seen in weeks.

SO COOL GUYS.

The last thing: We had our day all planned out - Thursday, I believe - but as we were driving to another house, I had the strongest impression to go visit a potential we hadn't been able to get in with yet, Danida. I have been wanting to teach her because her story is amazing! There's a story in her family that has been passed down from generation to generation that Christ came to the Americas. #bookofmormon 

But she works allllll the time. WELL. NOT THAT DAY, EVERYONE. We taught her the message of the Restoration on her front porch, and I can't even accurately explain how perfect it was. Even before we taught about the Great Apostasy, she was like, "I truly believe that the teachings of Christ were changed after he was killed, that's why there are so many churches with different doctrine." UM YES ACTUALLY.

She about flipped when we gave her the Book of Mormon. When she gave the closing prayer, she prayed that she would find the truth and pleaded with the Father to know if our message was true.

We both cried when we got in the car.

I've spent this week thinking about who I am and who I am becoming. There are things that are hard for me to do as a missionary, like tracting for example. But when that voice of negativity and doubt are pushed away, I can hear that gentle yet powerful reminder, "You are enough." You are enough. You don't have to be perfect, I don't have to be perfect. As we try, as we work, as we have faith... we will grow. 

God cares more about the direction of our progress than our speed.

xoxo

Hermana Brie Gould

pictures: FIESSTAAA! also we found some bunnies while tracting... you really don't see that every day

No comments:

Post a Comment